Friday, November 24, 2006

A Tavola Non Si Invechia Mai

This statement is on a sign hanging in our kitchen, which you can see to the right. It says in Italian, roughly, “No one ages at the dinner table.” Whew! Is all I can say because my husband, John, lives to eat and I am a foodie. We also love to entertain. We see it as part of our giving back...or service so-to-speak. A couple of years ago we remodeled our kitchen to support this endeavor. Well... we remodeled a formal living room, formal dining room, den and kitchen into a kitchen and dining room with a 42” flat screen and a couch. Sort of your all-purpose cooking, dining, gathering spot. Parties ALWAYS congregate in the kitchen anyway, so the way we designed it, we’re always in the kitchen. At our house, you’re always at the party!

The new kitchen is what got us into Basic H2 because it is glorious on granite, grease, and cooking crud. We like the spray bottles because we need a bit of soaking power when we clean but the wipes rule for quick clean ups. I typically use a flour-sack type cloth with the spray bottle (and re-use for a couple of days before I wash it) and I LOVE the micro fiber sponge!! You may have heard the story (or me screaming) the day my stainless cook top was scrubbed with a green pad. This sponge has stripes of micro fiber and a stiffer something that, combined, is a fabulously effective and gentle scrubber (and it does great on carpet spots, too!) And for the baked on, “I’ll get that in the morning” cooked on crud, I use the sponge with Scour Off and start my day with the scent of Strawberry Twizzlers!

‘Tis the season...plop, plop, fizz, fizz

If you are like John and me you say, “Forget the diet,” once Thanksgiving hits and then pick up normal eating habits after the New Year. (Ok, who am I kidding? John and I say “forget the diet” hump day through Sunday.) The point I am getting to is we tend to eat too much, too late in the day (or both) and screw up our systems. We can get heartburn like crazy (we are chagrined that we have reached this age!!!) Nevertheless, to take care of this we use these herbal tablets. They are fabulous and I like that they’re HERBAL and not drugs that could be toxic to our systems.

We also recommend this magic over-do-it pill for the holiday season of overload eating & drinking. You’d be surprised how much you can get away with without feeling too bad if you take a couple of these.

Our mentor and friend, Nicole Alo, told us what we thought was a funny story. She said that her business’s best seller at one time (maybe even now...we WERE drinking wine) was a body cleanser, detoxifier with nine organic herbs. A LAXATIVE we asked? “Well, it does that, too,” she said. She went on to say that clients have asked, if ever this product is discontinued they want to know well in advance so they can buy a lifetime supply! Are you kidding? Good grief. Guess we’ll have to try it and JOHN can give the testimonial on that product. Stay tuned.